Monday, March 03, 2008

March and weir off….

Well what a start to the new month! This Saturday saw the first Slalom of the year down at Shepperton and what controversy, some people loved it some hated it. I thought Joel did a top job and set a great course that challenged every one! My personal high light of the day was watching a lady drop out of her boat, mid tail squirt! Very funny if a little cold….


(Man in control, Me judging)

For the first time I even gave judging a crack, I’ve never felt so important. I don’t know the exacts number of paddlers but there seamed to be plenty down there from all disciplines, there was even a C2!



It was good to see loads of junior paddler competing and getting involved even with the water and weather pretty dam cold. After the slalom it was off to Chertsey for a birthday paddle with Jazz and the rest of the Chertsey faithful. The water levels are starting to drop of now so Chertsey wasn’t at its best but again it was nice to get and paddle with plenty of people. Jez and Rich like me had there squirt boats out; it’s always cool to squirt with friends. One thing, Mum I’m sorry I missed mother day! Are be down soon…..

(The Birthday boy blowing out his candles!)

There were two noticeable absentees from squirting at Chertsey, Mike and Chris both found them self’s up at GB team training, sound’s like they both had a very productive weekend of squirt tuning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home