Friday, January 18, 2008

Dawn patrol….

It’s fair to say that we have has a lot of rain here now! But last night undeterred by the cold or the rain we once again set off down to Shepperton to see what was going on. Now I’ve lived up here for a good couple of years and apart from maybe 2003 this is the highest the Thames has been for a while, thankfully there is always some think to do at Shep’s. Personally I took the mighty Everest for a paddle last night and enjoyed a good hour of front surfing and spins! I even pulled few cool Enders ! No rail grab though… Mike and slalom boys did circuits from the weir round to the lock and back, sound easy, it wasn’t.




This morning I thought a gentle paddle down to Sunbury would be nice, honestly I’ve never been so nervous! maybe even scared. There really is a whole lot a flow on the river at the moment. The creek run, just down from the shop was probably a good solid class 3! No joke!!!!!! I intended to take a photo of the weir (Sunbury) to show what it was like,



but this is as close as I felt comfortable taking the camera out of the boat! There is a small wave there but you need a sea boat to catch it. Mind the tree’s coming down the river, Big….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home