Monday, December 10, 2007

4 of us! 1 of you, sounds like Plym o'clock

This weekend, again I found myself down at the Dart country park for the Gene 17 double hard paddler weekend, Saturday the rain fell out of the sky like never before and most the river’s were suicidal, (allegedly) any information I have is all a bit vague as I wasn’t there but Saturday the lectures and drinking were both great fun and I enjoyed my self immensely.



I think bleak is probably best word to describes the get in for the Plym, the west countries hard man river! And I would by lying as Myself, Jason, Owen and Roger slid into the river if I didn’t say I had some nerves, However what a top little river Unlike the Dart the Plym has some real gradient looking back upstream I thought to myself, at least twice “crikey this is really steep”. I’m not to sure how high the river was, according to Fordy and a few other guys said it was a top level that money couldn’t buy! but Whetman recons it was the lowest you would ever want to get on it, read into that what you will…..

It’s a great river though however high we had it at; with a good lead in followed by some good drops, few slides and a couple of longer harder rapids with consequence. At the end there is a rather nasty siphon rapid that we all walked top stuff.

(A rare Plym river Pixie)
After that we shout off for a run down the upper Dart which was still at a cracking level and then finished with the obligatory top wave session Top Day!



The other members of staff all found them self down a selection this weekend Saturday saw Mike battling hard in the squirt competition round on the buck weir, while Jon enjoyed himself on the main weir. Sunday both lads ended up in Nottingham Jon finished 3rd overall, so back on the team for him! And Mike came 2nd in the squirt event. Both are now selected for team GB’s visit to the European championships June next year in Spain. Down side they both have diahorrea! Love Nottingham…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home