Thursday, May 19, 2011

I was lucky enough to get 5 minuets off yesterday to have a quick play in the new Pyranha Loki, and I’ve got to admit I was a bit skeptical of this boat before I paddled it but now, yeah I got to say I really quite liked it.







The biggest question I have to ask, or I guess try and answer now is where and how dose this boat fit into Pyranha’s range? Well, It’s a bit shorter and not quite voluminous as it bigger brother the Z:One , but like the Z:One it’s easy to paddle, forgiving, easy to learn in and looks pretty cool! I don’t know if it’s an age thing but personally all play moves to me look so much cooler in a longer bigger boat? But then comparing the Loki to the Molan, or more really the Varun yes you can still do most of the same moves, I don’t thing your going to be chucking down any really big flat water loops in the Loki but? Can’t really do them in anything anyway! So how dose this boat line up, If you want a top end play boat your still going to get the Molan, If you want a fast/good all-round, cool play boat, that you can still nip down the upper Dart in, go for the Varun. If you want a fast river runner that you can spin and surf in go for the Z:One, but if you want a real jack of all trades, one boat to bang out the world tour in thing has got it covered, plays really well, in a wave or in a hole, nice and lose and nice and slicey. But for river running it’s got that sorted too, nice and fast keeps it nose up, I’d be happy to paddle some pretty big stuff in it.
Outfitting is the standard Connect 30, I like. Good knee position plenty of foot room, thumbs up from me. Will it steel sales away from the Z:One….???? I don’t think so there quite different boats will it steal sales from the Varun…..???? Probably yes, but the Varun is a better play boat that you can paddle down a river, the Loki a better faster river play boat. Really where do you play? If on a weir or man made course pick the Varun. If you play in the ocean on rivers go Loki. Reckon it’s going to score pretty good retro points down at Hurley tho.







That new Sweet cag is pretty darn cool too. Looks very nice in the sunny weather. Hope you all have a nice weekend and get out for a paddle!

1 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger DAVID said...

Today I just tried the First Prototype of The LOKI and I love this boat. Its a bad ass boat with lots of room for play. Mines on order and I can't wait for it to arrive. Any one with reservations about this boat should get in touch with Kayaks Northwest England. Get down there have a go. And any negative thoughts you have will be blasted away.
AWESOME - This boat is named after a fire God - When fire mixes with water things are gonna get steamy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home